Professional Photo Etiquette & Restrictions
I love working with my clients and models before, during and after the photo shoots. After ever session, I dedicate several hours post processing the photographs and I put in a lot of creativity and time to provide my clients with a quality collection of images.
With that in mind, please remember that the photos that a I deliver to you are part of my life’s work, so there are a few important etiquette and restrictions to note when it comes to the professional photographs that you will receive from me.
1) Copyright. The photographs that I provide you with are copyright protected, which means that I have the option to use those photos to market my work and services anytime in the future. I am, however, also respectful of my clients/models so if there are any images that you would prefer to keep private, it’s best to let me know about it ahead of time so that I can honor your wishes. See terms for additional copyright information.
2) File type. The original digital files or raw files are my negatives and I will not give them away. All photographs given to my client or model have been carefully edited for optimal results.
3) Photo altering. While I appreciate your business and welcome the sharing of my photos on social media platforms, I ask that the images not be altered in any way as this is against my copyright policies.
What constitutes image altering?
- Adding filters or editing photos in any way, period.
- Removing or changing embedded metadata
- Color manipulation or changing from color to black and white.
- Cropping for Instagram square format.
- Creating screenshots
- Adding text (does not apply to print products such as cards, etc )
4) No commercial usage is allowed. Client photos are for personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes or advertising, etc without written consent unless specified in our contract and agreement
5) File Storage. Online galleries will be available to client to download their photographs and order prints. Gallery will remain online for no more than 90 days. Client should download and back up their images. Photographer has no obligation to store any files on website server beyond 90 days. Original files will be retained by photographer for one year.
Why do I have these restrictions? My photos are a representation of my work. When a customer or model alters an image it directly impacts my name and brand in the industry. When I present you with the final images, they have already been through a thorough editing process and don’t require further alterations. When images are altered, the results are not always reflective of my original work and can then be mistaken for mine. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and cooperation in this matter.
I am always happy to give a quote if you want images to be edited in a specific way or if you want further alterations or derivatives made of your photos.
Lita Xú Líng Kelley Photography
Beverly, Massachusetts. tel: (978) 473-7602