Stop Trans Genocide! We Will Not Be Eradicated!
Today in Boston, Massachusetts, several hundred protesters gathered at Government Center to rally in support of Transgender human rights after numerous attacks by right wing bigots and conservative mouth piece Michael Knowles during a CPAC speech called for 'eradicating transgenderism". Republicans in several states having been pushing for anti-trans legislation, including banning gender affirming transgender health care, as well as criminalizing gender expression. After the rally protesters took the streets and marched to the Massachusetts State House.
Trans Lives Are Under Attack!
More than 127 bans on gender affirming healthcare have been introduced in 29 states.
More than 380 anti-trans legislation have been introduced in 44 states this year.
At least 56 trans youth sports bans have been introduced in 25 states.
Texas & Florida among other states have introduced bills criminalizing gender expression that differs from person's sex assigned at birth.
As a transgender person, I appreciate all the people who stand up to support us in our collective struggle for human rights. No person should ever be subjected to oppression, hatred and violence for just existing. In America, trans lives are in danger! Contact your state representatives and demand federal protections for gender affirming health care and end the discriminatory practices harming transgender and non-binary people.
Trans and LGBTQ+ Equality for All March 18th Manifesto
- Declare Massachusetts a sanctuary state for all transgender folks, especially youth seeking gender-affirming care!
- Codify Title 9 (a federal civil rights law initially enacted to expand legal protections for girls and women in educational settings) to include sexuality, gender identity and gender expression;
- Support, strengthen and create a Safe Schools Program for LGBTQ+ students nationwide in departments of education;
- Ratify the Equality Amendment and update a comprehensive and inclusive version of the proposed federal Equal Rights Amendment to protect the equal rights of all peoples and to prohibit any and all forms of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, disability, religion, spirituality, etc.;
- Repeal all existing state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions and replace them with marriage equality amendments; and
- Repeal any and all existing state anti-sodomy laws that are still on the books.
Follow me on social media
What's on your mind?